Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Library Etiquette

  1. #11
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    I was told I could get a copy of the Leviathan in a week........ It's only one of the most important pieces of literature in the history of man. I'm probably selfish but I was doing research for a project and was limited to one hour on a computer while looking at Miley Cyrus gets the same amount of time. Granted, that should be allowed but you would think they would have laptops or something for checkout so you could go somewhere quiet in the library and do actual work.

    Same up here...half the people you see on computers up here will be playing solitare or other games.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    ha-ha

    yes, I read. I read more than you'd think as well, its one of my favorite things to do.

    PV, the library lacks a TON of significant literature. I really like reading from the 60's-70's counter culture, and they had zero works by Kinsey or Hoffman.

    They have a decent selection of Mailer and Vonnegut tho, i was surprised by that.

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    I love to read, too. I just can't find the time anymore with all the helping and traveling I do associated with my dad's health.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    ha-ha

    yes, I read. I read more than you'd think as well, its one of my favorite things to do.

    PV, the library lacks a TON of significant literature. I really like reading from the 60's-70's counter culture, and they had zero works by Kinsey or Hoffman.

    They have a decent selection of Mailer and Vonnegut tho, i was surprised by that.

    Maybe someone took Hoffman up on one of his book titles.
    GO VOLS

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    hah nice, I never figured you much of a Hoffman fan.

    for those who didnt get it, he is talking about Hoffman's work, called Steal This Book

  6. #16
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Library Etiquette

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    hah nice, I never figured you much of a Hoffman fan.

    for those who didnt get it, he is talking about Hoffman's work, called Steal This Book
    I have read some of his stuff years ago. He Could be interesting then goofy. I dunno If you could call me a fan. Got interested in beatniks a few yrs ago like Kerouac, Burroughs and Neal Cassidy. I think that came from reading the elctric kool acid test. I cant cant remember what it was
    GO VOLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •